PCB-L is a resource list for sharing fact-based information and announcements relevant to blindness or vision loss such as: assistive product info, legislative and regulatory efforts, meeting/training/webinar announcements, survey/research postings, Council news and updates, reposting of fact-based articles of interest, employment opportunities, business or service provider resources, and the like.
Subscribing & Unsubscribing:
- To subscribe, send a blank email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
When you receive a confirmation email from Groups.IO, simply hit reply and send.
You may also subscribe by emailing the PCB office directly at email@example.com with your request or by indicating your desire to join the PCB-L list when you complete our “Getting to Know You” peer questionnaire. No matter which method you use to join the list, you will need to reply to the confirmation invitation from Groups.io.
- If, at any point, you wish to stop receiving list posts, send a blank email with a blank subject field to firstname.lastname@example.org or click on the “Unsubscribe” link located in the footer of every list message.
Sending & Replying:
- Each list subscriber is welcome to post information to the PCB-L. Please limit posts to three per day so the list doesn’t become overwhelming.
- To post a message to the list, address emails to: email@example.com
- To reply to the sender of any message, select “Reply”. Confirm it’s the poster’s email address in the “To” field and not the list address. All discussions are to be held either off-list or via the PCB-Chat list.
- If you wish to send a message to the list that will be copied to multiple recipients or lists, be sure to place all additional recipients in the “BCC” field to avoid inadvertently sharing a string of other recipients’ addresses with list members.
- Do not send messages requesting a read receipt to the List.
- In the “Subject” field, clearly and concisely describe the content of the message so recipients can decide if the content is of interest to them.
- Messages must contain either the poster’s name or a consistent unique identifier of the sender.
- PCB-L is a bulletin board list open to all manner of fact-based posts shared for informational purposes only. Editorials and discussion are inappropriate for this list.
- Content unrelated to blindness, vision loss, or disability is not permitted. If you are unsure of the appropriateness of your information, please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org for review.
- While a limited amount of blindness-related advertising is welcome as a source of information and for the purpose of promoting blind or visually impaired business owners who engage in the sale of blindness-related products and services, PCB reserves the right to restrict repeated or excessive advertising. A good rule of thumb is to limit advertising to once per month. Please note that this rule does not apply to nonprofit organizations.
- Be sure to include as much relevant information as possible for recipients to make use of the information being shared. For example, the link where the article is posted on the web, the author or organizer’s name, contact information to aid follow up, etc.
- Remove extraneous headers such as those appearing when messages are forwarded from a forward.
- Posts regarding political or religious ideology are strictly prohibited.
- Content which is sexually explicit, profane, discriminatory, inflammatory, hateful, or the like is inappropriate and will not be tolerated.
- Messages of a personal nature such as holiday greetings or good-will wishes should be done off-list.
- Please remember that this is a public list which is subject to public scrutiny. We expect that all list members will exercise discretion when posting any information of a personal nature to this list.
- Content is shared on this list as a free service to the community of Pennsylvanians and others with vision loss. PCB does not endorse any products or services mentioned on the list.