By Parliamentary Team
After a thorough review and careful reading of the current PCB Bylaws, the Parliamentary Team issues the following protocol regarding delegate voting at this year’s virtual Conference:
- At least thirty (30) days before the commencement of convention, the PCB Parliamentary Team shall advertise for chapters and special interest affiliates to submit the names of their two (2) delegates.
- At least seven (7) days before the commencement of the convention, chapters and special interest affiliates shall submit to the Parliamentary Team the names of their two (2) delegates, who will be present at the convention Business Meeting to vote on behalf of the chapter or special interest affiliate.
- At the convention, at registration or at some other feasible time prior to the business meeting, the Parliamentary Team will authorize all official delegates present at the convention.
- At the beginning of the Business Meeting, the PCB Secretary shall take a roll of all authorized delegates present.
- Any chapter or special interest affiliate who does not have any authorized delegates at the Business Meeting shall forfeit their delegate vote at that meeting. The Bylaws do not countenance alternates, proxies, or substitute delegates.
- Similarly, chapters and special interest affiliates who only have one authorized delegate present shall have only one (1) delegate vote for that chapter or special affiliate.
- For all matters requiring a vote, delegates vote first, then all peers who are present, including those who voted as delegates, vote in the popular vote.
- The delegate vote and popular vote totals are then added to determine the outcome of the vote.
- A tie vote means the motion fails.
- Repeat steps 7 and 8 for each vote at the Business Meeting.
Like the post? Share it!