By Debbie Rozear, Chair
It is time to start thinking about who our award recipients are going to be this year at the PCB convention. Please read the criteria and nomination form below and submit your nomination today. It is not too early to start getting everything in place.
Also, there are openings available on our committee for new members. If anyone is interested in participating in the Awards Committee, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call me at 610-791-4830. We are eager to welcome new members with fresh, new ideas.
Pennsylvania Council of the Blind (PCB) Awards Criteria
PCB believes that individuals, organizations, and companies who make a difference in the lives of people who are blind or visually impaired need to be recognized for their commitment. Each year at the PCB Conference and Convention, we celebrate the work of these advocates by bestowing the Distinguished Service Award(s), Honorary Service Award(s), the Corporate Service Award(s), and the Lifetime of Distinguished Service Award(s). Nominations for any of these awards can be made by any individual or organization that supports the work of PCB. The criteria for these awards follow:
PCB Distinguished Service Award
• The recipient must be blind or vision impaired.
• The recipient must be a resident of Pennsylvania.
• The recipient must have demonstrated a satisfactory adjustment to his/her disability.
• The recipient must be acknowledged by the “blind community” for having performed outstanding service(s) for the blind.
• The recipient, through example and effort, must have represented to the community at large the capabilities and respectability of blind and vision impaired persons.
PCB Honorary Service Award
• These award(s) may be given to an individual, with or without sight, who has performed meritorious service to the blind or for the blind community.
• These award(s) may be made either in memory of a person, or to a person now living.
PCB Corporate Service Award
• The recipient of this award shall have made a significant difference in the life of blind or vision impaired persons through a product, a service, or its employment practices; or
• This award may be presented to a corporation/agency/foundation that has provided significant support to the mission or projects of PCB.
PCB Lifetime of Distinguished Service Award
• The award(s) may be given to an individual, with or without sight, who has performed at least twenty years of meritorious service to the blind or for the blind community.
• The recipient(s) must be sixty years of age or older.
• The recipient’s service contributions must be well recognized in the community in which they live or throughout the state or nation as significant to the betterment of the lives of those with vision loss.
Note: The Awards Selection committee may not make prejudicial selections of award recipients based on age, nationality, race, religion, creed, or gender of an individual.
PCB AWARD NOMINATION FORM
Submit your nominations in your preferred format by Saturday, August 1, 2015. Email electronic nominations to: email@example.com. Typed or brailled nominations should be sent to: Debbie Rozear, 1415 South 3rd St., Allentown, PA 18103. Call 610-791-4830 with questions.
Please give the following information about your nominee:
Name of the award for which you are making this nomination:
____ Distinguished Service
____ Honorary Service
____ Corporate Service
____ Lifetime of Distinguished Service
Please include the reason for your nomination in 100 words or less along with any additional supporting materials.