CONFERENCE SCHOLARSHIPS AVAILABLE
2017 PCB CONFERENCE
“DESIGNING OUR FUTURE”
OCTOBER 26-29 AT DOUBLETREE PITTSBURGH-GREENTREE
The Pennsylvania Council of the Blind invites you to join our peer network to find your VOICE—Vision resources, Opportunities, Independence, Connections, and Empowerment.
• Gather tips for gaining and maintaining independence
• Learn about accessible products, services, and activities
• Get plugged in to the latest issues impacting the vision-impaired community
• Find new friends and mentors who also live with vision loss
• Enjoy a weekend escape from the pressures of misperception and stereotype
Who is Eligible to Apply?
• High School and College Students who are blind or visually impaired (Given Priority)
• College Students with Sight enrolled in a blindness-related area of study
• All applicants must be a PA resident or enrolled in a PA institution
What does a scholarship include?
• Ground transportation to and from the conference site in Pittsburgh
• 3 nights lodging at the conference hotel (double occupancy)
• Stipend for meals while at the conference
• Conference registration fees
Apply at www.pcb1.org/scholarship/first-timer-student-scholarship/
Applications due by Friday, September 15, 2017
QUESTIONS: MARY ANN GRIGNON 570-807-1276 OR MARYANNA0407@GMAIL.COM
Keep up with Conference Details: http://www.pcb1.org/conference/
Twitter: @PCB_Advocate Facebook: PACounciloftheBlind