Save the date for a free Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math Career Expo for blind and visually impaired students and their families on Saturday, October 17 from 10 a.m. until 3 p.m. at Carnegie Mellon University. Middle school, high school, and college students who are blind or visually impaired, their families, and teachers are welcome to attend.
If you know college-bound middle or high school students or recent high school
graduates, please have them save the date for this exciting and informative event. Attendees will:
* Meet and learn from blind adults who are working as engineers, scientists, software developers, and computer trainers
* Learn what Carnegie Mellon has to offer in these career fields and how blind students can prepare for college
* Attend presentations by Google and Enabling Technologies
* Learn how working in science laboratories can be made accessible to blind students
* Free parking and lunch will be provided
The expo is sponsored by the PA Bureau of Blindness & Visual Services, Pittsburgh District Office. For questions and additional details, please contact Catherine Getchell, District Administrator at 412-565-5520 or email@example.com.