- You will meet other people with visual impairments and network among those with similar interests and needs. You never have to feel alone.
- You can attend meetings of a local group located in various regions of the state to learn from others who are using daily living tools designed for people who are blind or visually impaired.
- As a member of the Pennsylvania Council of the Blind (PCB) you will also be a member of the American Council of the Blind (ACB.) You will learn about new research, resources and technology through the PCB publication, the “ADVOCATE,” and the ACB publication, “The Braille Forum,” -both available in the format of your choice: Large Print, digital, Braille, or E-mail.
- You can join a “special interest affiliate” with members who share your particular vision experience, profession, career interest, or avocation or hobby.
- You will be encouraged to take the opportunities to experience state and national Conventions every year. Use these gatherings to see the sights in many interesting cities and learn about new ideas and information regarding people who are blind or visually impaired from a broad perspective of the Pennsylvania Council of the Blind and the American Council of the Blind.
- You will help with fundraising projects that enable PCB, and ACB to advocate for all blind and visually impaired people throughout your state and the nation.
- You will be supporting higher education for students who are visually impaired through the annual awarding of college scholarships by PCB and ACB.
- You will make a difference in quality of life and public funded services for people who are blind or visually impaired through PCB and ACB sponsored legislative advocacy activities.
- You can become active as a mentor sharing your knowledge and experience to help others with less experience with vision loss.
And Last but not least…..
- You will join a group of active, fun-loving, dedicated people who work to make life better for all people who have experienced loss of vision.
For more information call the PCB office at
717 920-9999 or toll free 877-617-7407 or
via email at firstname.lastname@example.org