PCB, a Peer network for All Impacted by Vision Loss
2017 PCB Conference
Doubletree Greentree in Pittsburgh
“Designing Our Future”
The Pennsylvania Council of the Blind invites you to join our peer network to find your VOICE—Vision resources, Opportunities, Independence, Connections, and Empowerment.
• Gather tips for gaining and maintaining independence
• Learn about accessible products, services, and activities
• Get plugged in to the latest issues impacting the vision-impaired community
• Find new friends and mentors who also live with vision loss
• Enjoy a weekend escape from the pressures of misperception and stereotype
What does a scholarship include?
• Ground transportation to and from the conference site in Pittsburgh
• 3 nights lodging at the conference hotel (double occupancy)
• Stipend for meals while at the conference
• Conference registration fees
• For High School and College Students who are blind or visually impaired (Given Priority) or:
• College Students with Sight enrolled in a blindness-related area of study
Newly Adjusting to Vision Loss Scholarship
• Must have experienced significant vision loss within the last five years
PCB Member Scholarship
• Must have been a dues-paid member for 2016 and 2017
• Must be active within a PCB chapter or on a PCB team
How to Apply?
• Choose your preferred format, braille, audio file, or Word document
• Provide your name, full mailing address, phone number, email address, and which scholarship you seek
• In approximately 250 words, tell us about you, your blindness or vision loss, how you meet the scholarship requirements, and why you wish to attend the PCB Conference
• If possible, include the name of a PCB member who would provide a reference for you
• Submit all application materials by Friday, September 15 to email@example.com or PCB, 931 N. Front Street, Harrisburg, PA 17102.
For questions regarding any of the first-timer scholarships, contact PCB Membership Development Team Leader, Mary Ann Grignon at 570-807-1276 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keep up with Details on our conference page