Director of Outreach and Engagement
Pennsylvania Council of the Blind
The Pennsylvania Council of the Blind (PCB) is a grassroots organization of individuals with vision loss. As a peer network PCB strives to promote the independence of and opportunities for all individuals with vision loss by advocating for legislative change, accessible technology solutions, and inclusive social and business practices. At the heart of its efforts is providing mutual support through peer sharing and encouragement.
PCB currently seeks a full-time Director of Outreach and Engagement to take on the following responsibilities:
• Develop and maintain relationships with legislators, policy changemakers, service providers, and disability stakeholders
• Work with affiliate chapters and individual volunteers to promote advocacy efforts and to develop outreach opportunities
• Monitor and report on current and potential issues of relevance to the vision loss community
• Serve as the organization’s voice at public meetings and outreach events
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
• Ability to initiate, prioritize, and complete projects with little oversight
• Ability to work with and report back to PCB leadership
• Good writing, oral, and phone communication skills
• Familiarity with blindness/disability related issues and the provision of services
• Grasp of basic Accounting principles
• Competency in basic Microsoft office products
• Ability to effectively utilize the internet and software applications
• Proficiency with basic office equipment
• Demonstration of an overall professional work ethic and demeanor
• Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services, Public Administration, community Outreach or related field
• Five years of experience in corporate or non-profit setting may be substituted for education
• This can be a remote position, but regular travel to the Harrisburg area is required.
• Compensation will be commensurate with experience within the range of $16 to $24 per hour.
• PCB is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested applicants should post a letter of interest and resume to:
by February 1, 2020