“Vision is the art of seeing what is invisible to others.” – Jonathan Swift
Those who regularly attend the PCB State Convention & Conference are already aware of the vast opportunities offered during the weekend.
For the uninformed, this month’s Convention Blast will focus on some of these opportunities. These are not only for attendees, but many others as well.
Individuals adjusting to blindness:
Look at all of the wonderful resources that are available during our convention;
- Expert presentations on blindness related topics
- A safe friendly welcoming environment
- Fun, accessible entertainment
- A chance to learn and interact with others impacted by vision loss
If you are or know of anyone adjusting to vision loss, I would urge you to attend or encourage another to join us in Johnstown.
Convention is not just for individuals, chapters have many ways to benefit.
Networking with other chapters can help:
- Demonstrate how to Resolve an advocacy issue
- Discover new methods for fundraising
- Develop and grow membership
So why not:
- Consider publicizing the convention in your local area to help increase your membership.
- Offer incentives such as scholarships or stipends to help defray attendee’s cost.
Exhibit Hall, not just for large businesses!
Artisans, Crafters, Musicians and others, sell your items in the Exhibit Hall to a supportive community. Chapters, consider purchasing a table at the discounted rate in the exhibit hall to raise funds for your local chapter.
Win, Win, Win!
A strong turnout for the 2014 convention is a win for everyone! Group travel as in chartering a van or bus to convention can:
- Eliminate scheduling conflicts associated with public transportation
- Reduce accessibility issues
- Offer a fun, safe stress free travel experience for all
Remember, the Convention Program & Planning Committee has developed a guide to assist with this process. The guide is attached to this message for your convenience.
Don’t wait for someone else to begin the process, talk to your chapter leadership to begin coordinating.
“It is better to look ahead and prepare than to look back and regret.” ~ Jackie Joyner-Kersee
“Reframe problems as challenges and opportunities.” ~ Deepak Chopra
**For more convention information, make sure to read our article in the Spring issue of the Advocate. **
Theme: L.I.F.E: Leadership Is For Everyone
Date: October 16th through the 19th, 2014.
Location: Holiday Inn, Downtown Johnstown, PA
For reservations call: 1 (800) 433-5663
*You don’t need to wait until the PCB Convention registration materials are distributed in order to make your hotel reservations!
Room rate: Only $92 for up to 4 occupants.
Until the next time…