2019 PCB Conference Details
Date: Thursday, October 17th through Sunday, October 20th
Location: Crowne Plaza Harrisburg – Hershey
23 South Second Street
Harrisburg, PA 17101
Theme: Peers Challenging Beliefs
• Thursday night’s after-session game, Believe or Bust?
• Friday morning’s choice of the audio darts competition or the audio described movie
• Friday’s exhibit hours 10 AM – 5 PM and Saturday’s 9 AM – Noon
• Friday afternoon’s three breakout topics, social media basics, an introduction to AccessiDocs DAISY 3 conversion process, and sharing real life experiences of challenging beliefs.
• Friday night’s live auction where bidders can participate in person and from home
• SPARK Saturday’samazing lineup of “Peers Challenging Beliefs,” Thomas Reid, Audio Producer of Reid My Mind Radio; Kristin Smedley, author of Thriving Blind; Dr. Andre Watson, Clinical Psychologist and author of Vision in the Dark; and Stephanae McCoy, Founder of Bold Blind Beauty and CAPTIVATING! Magazine.
• Enjoy free access to the Aira service for all conference activities.
View the 2019 PCB Conference Schedulefor the full weekend lineup.
Conference Registration Opens September 1, 2019
• Pre-registration $12 from September 1 through October 4
• Late and on-site registration $15 after October 4
• Register online at PCB Conference Registration Page
• Register by phone: 877-617-7407
• Singles (1 King Bed) $94 per night plus tax
• Doubles (2 Queen Beds) $104 per night plus tax
• Call 1-717-234-5021 and reference the PCB Conference or block code PCB
• PCB room rate is available 3 days pre and 3 days post conference.
• Make reservations before the PCB room rate expires on September 16, 2019.
• Check-in 4 PM and check-out 11 AM
Overnight Guest Amenities
• All rooms include Keurig coffee maker and mini fridge.
• Complimentary WiFi in guest rooms and general areas.
• 15% discount on hotel food concessions except Starbucks.
• Complimentary shuttle to/from bus and train station. Call 717-234-5021 at least 20 minutes in advance for service
• Discounted parking of $10 per day with in/out privileges.
• Starbucks, gift shop and ATM in the lobby.
• Full-service restaurant, bar/lounge, and room service.
• 24-hour fitness center with stair stepper, treadmill, elliptical machines, free weights, and stationary bicycle (3rd floor).
• Indoor pool on the Mezzanine level.
Additional & Emerging Details
• Regularly visit PCB Conference Page
• Follow us on Twitter: PCB_Advocate or on Facebook: PACounciloftheBlind