Theme: “TRIP To Self-Reliance: Tools, Resources, Information, and People”
Location: Virtual Conference on the Zoom platform
Dates: Thursday, October 27 – Sunday, October 30, 2022
With its virtual platform, this year’s PCB Conference promises to be the state’s largest conference for people impacted by blindness or vision loss. Attendees will include:
- Blind Students & Adults of all abilities and interests
- Individuals and family members newly adjusting to vision loss.
- Professionals in various industries including blindness services and education.
- Consumers of both general and blindness specific products
- Active and involved members of the community
Sessions are tentatively scheduled for:
Thursday, October 27, 2022 Afternoon & Evening
Friday, October 28, 2022 Morning, Afternoon, & Evening
Saturday, October 29, 2022 Morning
Sunday,, October 30, 2022 Morning
The theme for the 2022 PCB Virtual Conference is “TRIP To Self-Reliance: Tools, Resources, Information, and People.”
The following items must be included in each submission:
- Contact Information for the Session Organizer – the session organizer is the person submitting the application and will be the primary contact for all information pertaining to the session.
- Brief bios of all session presenters
- Proposed Session Title – Titles should quickly describe the content and relevance of your presentation/workshop, i.e., which theme (e.g., tools, resources, information, or people) is addressed by your presentation/workshop
- Session Audience – Who will find your session content valuable?
- Description of the Proposed Session – The description explains the focus of your presentation. It should be written to market the session and attract attendees.
- Three Learning Objectives of the Proposed Session Topic – The objectives should describe what the session attendee will learn and take-away from the discussion.
- Proposed length of session: 30, 45, or 60 minutes
- Preferred first and second choices of availability for the day/time of session.
- AV Needs
Proposals should be composed electronically in either .doc or .txt format and submitted by July 1, 2022. Send all proposals to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The PCB Conference Planning Team will review the proposals and decide based on the following criteria:
- Educational Value
- Practical Application
- Overall Quality
- Target Audience
- Presenter Qualifications and Expertise
- Originality and Inventiveness
- March 1, 2022 Open Call for Presentations
- July 1, 2022 Submission Deadline
- July 31, 2022 Notifications to Accepted Proposers
- August 15, 2022 Publication of Speakers
POLICIES GOVERNING ACCEPTED PROPOSALS
- All sessions may be recorded and used by PCB. This includes internet streaming and downloading.
- Speakers must agree that any material presented during their session may be reproduced and that the material presented does not infringe any copyrighted material.
- Due to preparation time for alternate formats, all handouts must be provided to PCB in electronic format by September 27, 2022.
- If selected, sessions MAY NOT include any promotional material for an individual, a specific company or product.
- PCB is a non-denominational, nonpartisan organization. Submissions geared to promote a specific political or religious agenda are prohibited.
- Sessions should not be used as a platform to discredit or attack another organization or individual
- Sessions are monitored by PCB representatives. PCB reserves the right to terminate broadcast of any session that violates this or any other PCB policy. In addition, any presenter in violation of these policies may not be permitted to present at future PCB programs.
Pennsylvania Council of the Blind (PCB)
2022 Virtual Conference and Convention
Session Proposal Form
All fields must be completed. Only fully completed forms will be reviewed. Email forms to email@example.com by
July 1, 2022.
Session proposed by:
___PCB Team ___PCB Peer
Name of session leader:
Co-Presenter 1 Name:
Co-Presenter 2 Name:
Type: ___Lecture/ Panel Discussion ___Workshop/Breakout Session
Time Required: ___30 Mins. ___45 Mins. ___60 Mins.
Expected Lessons – Provide 3 audience take-aways.
Check all dates/times you would be available to present:
Thursday, October 27, 2022
Friday, October 28, 2022
_____Morning _____Afternoon _____Evening
Saturday, October 29, 2022
Sunday, October 30, 2022
Indicate any A/V requirements (i.e. screen sharing, assistance with pre-recorded audio, etc.):
Will handouts be provided? ___Yes ___No
Please note: Handouts must be emailed to PCB by September 27 in order to make sure they are provided in accessible formats.
Would you like information about becoming an exhibitor? ___Yes ___No
All forms must be submitted electronically by July 1, 2022 in Word or Text. Submit to firstname.lastname@example.org.