Are you the parent of a blind child, teacher, advocate, or someone who cares about making sure that blind children receive the best education possible? On March 28, 2015 at 1:00 PM EST, The American Council of the Blind will present a free, totally accessible webinar designed with you in mind.
The webinar program Topics:
- Overview of special education requirements and regulations, e.g., procedural and substantive educational rights.
- Getting to know the parent’s baseline attitudes and knowledge.
- Distinguishing a functional visual assessment and a learning media assessment.
- Defining reasonable expectations regarding the child’s education, what services to expect.
- Integration of services to cover the entirety of the needs of the child with multiple disabilities.
- When to request and when to demand, and how to do both. Negotiating obstacles.
- Successfully advocating with a TVI on behalf of the child.
Although the webinar is free of charge, it is necessary to pre-register by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “special education webinar”. Please include your name, phone number and email address in the body of the email.