“Peers CHALLENGING BELIEFS”
2019 PCB CONFERENCE
Pennsylvania’s Premier Conference for People Impacted by Vision Loss
THURS, OCTOBER 17 – SUN, OCTOBER 20
CROWNE PLAZA HARRISBURG-HERSHEY
23 S 2ND STREET, HARRISBURG, PA, 17101
• Sign up for our audio darts tournament or enjoy an audio described movie.
• Learn tips for conducting online shopping using assistive technology.
• Brush up on current orientation and mobility techniques to overcome pedestrian challenges whether you use a guide dog or a cane.
• Choose from 3 peer-led breakout sessions including social media basics, converting documents to Daisy format, and an open discussion of how our peers challenge beliefs in their everyday lives.
• Enjoy Saturday morning’s amazing lineup of “Peers Challenging Beliefs,” Thomas Reid, Audio Producer of “Reid My Mind Radio”; Kristin Smedley, author of Thriving Blind; Dr. Andre Watson, Clinical Psychologist and author of Vision in the Dark; and Stephanae McCoy, Founder of Bold Blind Beauty and CAPTIVATING! Magazine.
Don’t Miss the Empowerment & Experience of the PCB Conference & Convention
Come for a Day or Stay for the Entire Weekend!
• Learn strategies for building and maintaining a positive self-image
• Discover accessible products, services, and activities at our vendor’s exhibit hall
• Find new friends and mentors who also live with vision loss
• Enjoy an accessible weekend that’s free from misperception and stereotype
Who should attend?
• Any person with partial vision, significant vision loss or total blindness
• Friends and family members impacted by a loved one’s sight loss
• Professionals serving people who are vision impaired or those likely to experience vision loss
Emerging Conference Details: www.pcb1.org/conference/
Request the Conference Registration Packet Today!
Register Online! Pcb1.org/conference/registration/